Salads are the best way to eat healthy and get some leafy greens into your body. You can try various salads and you can also experiment with plenty of dressings. There are many dressings that you can buy from the market or you can also make them yourself if you want. Middle Eastern food is filled with greens and there is a freshness of herbs and garlic that you will find in that food.
The Middle Eastern salad dressing is also one such thing that you can enjoy. You will find the Middle Eastern salad dressing recipe below. The recipe is very simple and it uses some basic ingredients that are easily available at home. Out of all the ingredients the sumac is one ingredient that is the life of the Middle Eastern cuisine and it tastes tangy and zesty. It is nothing but a dried and powdered version of sumac berries that grow in this region.
- 4 garlic cloves that are peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of coarse kosher salt
- One third cup of fresh lemon juice that requires about one and a half lemons
- One third cup garlic or normal extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Za’atar Seasoning
Recipe Of The Middle Eastern Salad Dressing
- You have to peel and chop the garlic cloves roughly so that you get the maximum taste.
- Sprinkle the salt over the cloves and use the edge of the knife to squash the garlic so that it turns into a thick paste.
- Add this to a pint sized jar and then start adding the kosher salt, lemon juice, oil and seasoning.
- Shut the lid tightly and then shake it so that all the ingredients get mixed and it turns even.
- You can place it in the refrigerator and then take it out when you want to put it on your salad.
Notes To Keep In Mind
- There is a way that you can get the flavor out of your garlic. You do not need to use a garlic press. All you need to do is sprinkle the salt and then use a knife to squash the cloves. This will help you get the full flavor from the cloves and your dressing will have a strong garlic flavor that you need.
- You have to use fresh lemon juice rather than the bottled stuff as that takes away some of the freshness from the dressing. You can avoid that by getting the lemon juice from some fresh lemons.
- If you do not find the garlic extra virgin oil then you can use the normal olive oil and increase the quantity of the garlic cloves by one piece.
- You can make your own Za’atar or you can get it from the market. Both are equally good and make the dressing taste amazing.
This is the best Middle Eastern salad dressing recipe that you will find on the internet. This recipe is very easy and requires a minimal amount of ingredients which is great. You can store it in a jar for a long time and take it out when you need to put it on your salads.