Qatayef is a very popular Lebanese dessert in the Middle Eastern. Especially in the month of Ramadan, this is the food that loves. This Qatayef is sold everywhere in Egypt during the month of Ramadan. Qatayefs are mini pancakes that are filled with different kinds of goodies. It can be served as a savory with soups for the and also sweet when it is dessert time.
Qatayef are usually deep-fried. But it is not fried after adding the fillings of Ashta or cream. That is how it should be made. Qatayef is usually dipped in simple syrup. You need to work fast when you are preparing Ashta. Since it will get dry and will become hard to get it sealed and might tear off as well. Until you have the whole batter it is best to keep your qatayef covered. Also, keep the qatayef’s covered when you rea stuffing them. Since the Ashta will not be fresh till the next day it is better to eat the qatayef’s on the same day.
Lebanese Dessert: Ingredients To Make Qatayed Asafiri With Ashta
To make the Qatayef Asafiri with Ashta you will require the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of fine semolina
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- I Teaspoon of baking soda
- Half a teaspoon of instant yeast
- Half teaspoon of salt
- Two and a half cup of warm water
- One-fourth cup of grounded pistachios
- You can add simple syrup or honey for drizzling (optional)
- A batch Of Ashta
Method To Make The Qatayef Asafiri With Ashta:
After you have collected all the ingredients start preparing your recipe. Firstly, mix all the dry ingredients well in a bowl.
- In the second step add water and mix the mixture well. So, all the dry ingredients get mixed evenly. Now cover this mixture for 30 minutes and let it sit.
- In the third step add two tablespoons of butter in a skillet set that is set to medium heat.
- In the fourth step, cook the batter until it has no wet spots. You will also see bubbles forming on the surface. Do not flip the batter.
- After you have finished cooking the batter, cover the qatayef’s to avoid getting it dry.
- Now prepare the Ashta
- In the middle of qatayef add a teaspoon of Ashta filling into it.
- After adding the Ashta seal the edges to the two-third of the qatayef. Dunk the open side of the qatayef into the grounded pistachio.
- Arrange the Qatayef’s nicely until you are time you are going to serve.
- Optional: You can also add some thick syrup or honey over the Qatayef’s.
- Enjoy the Qatayef Asafiri with Ashta.
The Qatayef Asafiri is usually served in the month of Ramadan. And it can be as a breakfast or as a dessert. These Qatayef are light on the stomach. The Qatayef Asafir is fragrant and delicious at the same time. Kids love these. To keep your Qatayef Asfiri good it is suggested that you work fast otherwise they will become dry and will be difficult to seal.