Mediterranean Pasta is known by everyone and people love having this but we can add some spice to your regular pasta thing. Would you like to have some pasta salad? We won’t say that Mediterranean pasta salad is something unique but not everyone knows about it. That’s for sure! However, the recipe for the salad we would be sharing is really full of flavor and you will not at all have to do a lot of things to prepare it. You can easily prepare it within 30 minutes and you can literally have it for dinner, lunch, or whenever you want to.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
You can either enjoy this pasta salad along or simply add some vegetarian protein. The actual flavor can be made with olives, tomatoes, arugula, and of course, you need to toss in with an easy Mediterranean lemon vinaigrette dressing. If you do not know how to make the Mediterranean lemon vinaigrette dressing then we would be sharing the ingredients list below:
- 1 tsp. of dried basil
- 1 tsp. of dried oregano
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp. of kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. of ground pepper
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
How To Make The Salad:
- First of all, you need to make the vinaigrette. Take a mixing bowl and whisk all the dressing ingredients that we have mentioned above. Keep doing it until emulsified set aside.
- Now, here you will cook the pasta. You simply need to the direction that is written on the package. Once you have successfully made the pasta, you need to drain well in a colander and also run under cold water in order to stop the cooking process.
- After, the above process you need to add the cooked pasta along with, arugula, olives, tomatoes, onion, parmesan cheese, and artichokes in a large bowl. Now, pour over the dressing.
- This is the last part and here you need to mix everything very well. Like, you need to use a wooden spoon and mix so well until everything is well coated into the dressing you mixed. Now, you can top it with shredded parmesan cheese if you want to and then serve!
Now, if you are wondering what is the best pasta and what pasta should you choose for pasta salad then let me make it clear to you.
What Is The Best Pasta For Mediterranean Pasta Salad?
You should never use any large pasta shape when you are preparing pasta salad. Rather all small shaped pasta is great for making pasta salad. Small shaped pasta as in rotini, fusilli, farfalle, and penne. These all would be perfect and if you use small shaped pasta then the whole dressings will be absorbed well.
Hence, you are clear with the recipe and you should make it for your next meal as this is very mouth-watering and you will love having it. When we are tired of that boring pasta, we can make pasta salad instead and enjoy our meal.