Do You Know? Some Important Fermented Foods Of Mid-Asia, The Middle East, And Africa
When talking about food, Asian and African cuisine always score high ranks in the world. Because of the great heritage and the culture they enriched with, they prepare foods in a mouth-watering manner. In mid – Asia, foods fermentation takes place is a very unique and natural way from olden days.
What Is Fermentation?
It is a natural process. Furthermore, it converts carbohydrates into acid or alcohol. Such as, when preparing alcohol, the sugar turns to alcohol, by using the energy from yeast.
Similarities Between The Countries:
- The very noticeable difference is, for fermentation is, instead of filamentous fungi, what they use are yeast and micro friendly bacteria.
- Those acid products also produce naturally.
- The main preparation products are from legumes. Such as maize, millet, wheat, and rice and fresh milk.
- The final product is always very nutritional.
- After fermentation, the final protein value may go up to even 23% sometimes.
- The fiber content of these products is always in high value due they are all organic.
- The probability of having high vitamin levels are more on the fermentation.
- Therefore, no other preservation or flavors should be added.
- Natural fermentation helps to grow probiotics, known as beneficial bacteria.
So, having these fermented foods into your diet will give you additional health benefits to your body.
Health Bonuses You Can Win By Fermented Foods
1. It helps to get an excellent digestive system – For the reason that the production of good bacteria in the process of fermentation, it will balance the activities inside the gut. Either diarrhea or constipation, both can be controlled by it.
2. The immune system will get boosted – The high content of probiotics can give more energy to the immune system to fight with illness and keep you safe. Even so, when you are ill, try to eat more fermented food, and that will lead you to a faster cure.
3. Food will digest easily – Essential procedure. In the digestive system, most of the nutrients will break down easily with the help of fermented foods. So, you will receive your nutrients without delay. Consequently, it helps to destroy anti-nutrients in the system which could not absorb.
Fermented Foods Have More Benefits For You
- The new research has found out that probiotics have the capability of reducing the anxiety levels of the brain.
- More satisfied factor has found recently that friendly bacteria have the power of reducing belly fat.
- Probiotics have the capability of lowering blood pressure.
Transparent Butter/Cheese Container
It is good to keep fermented foods like cheese or butter to keep in a properly closed container. This Transparent Butter/Cheese Container helps you to keep it fresh.
Most Common Fermented Foods In Mid – Asia
- Rice wine and beer
- Steamed bread. Such as, in India – Idli, Puto – Philipines
- Fermented soybean products
- Fermented bread and porridge
- Traditional cereal alcohol
- Traditional milk yogurt
The depth of the critical fermented foods of Mid-Asia, the Middle East, and Africa is still under investigation. Though they did not have much technology to use, these foods even can prove it’s a success. So, let’s have more probiotics with our daily meals to stay healthy.