Though it is surprising, the truth is Christmas is celebrated in the Middle Eastern countries. Some Christians are there who celebrate this occasion with great joy and pompousness. And no celebration is complete without the delicious food. So, here I am going to share a Christmas dinner recipe that is quite popular in the Middle East.
Christmas Dinner Recipe – Middle Eastern Stuffing
Preparation – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Serving – 4
- Split peas – 150 gm (soak them for 1 hour in water)
- Olive oil – as needed
- Onions – 2, finely chopped
- Almonds – 120 gm, blanched and then coarsely chopped
- Raisins – 200 gm
- Pistachios – 120 gm, coarsely chopped
- Minced beef – 300 gm
- Cardamom pods – 30, remove the seeds and then crush them
- Orange peel – 3, cut into thin slices
- Fresh breadcrumbs – 200 gm
How To Prepare
- Get rid of the soaked water and add clean water to the bowl of peas. Then put it on the heat and let them boil. When they become incredibly soft and start to fall apart, take the bowl out of the heat. Add some salt to it and leave it for some time. After a while, get rid of the boiled water.
- Place a large pan on the flame and pour 3 tbsp of olive oil. As the oil becomes hot, add the chopped onions and sauté them till they are translucent.
- Add the chopped pistachios and almonds as well as raisins. Fry them till the almonds become golden. Transfer this mixture into a separate bowl.
- In the same pan, add some more oil and let it become super hot. After that, add the minced beef and fry them. When the color of the beef becomes golden brown, add the split peas breadcrumbs, orange peel, and cardamom paste. Stir them well and switch off the flame.
- Taste the seasoning and, if needed, add a little salt. You can have it immediately after cooking. Otherwise, you can keep it in an air-tight baking dish and put the dish in the refrigerator. Right before dinner time, you can take out the dish and reheat it.
You can stuff a turkey with this beef mixture and bake it to have a gala dinner. So, the options are quite a few.
Roasted Potato With Lemon – Christmas Dinner Recipe
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 45 minutes
Serving – 10
- Potatoes – 3 kg, peeled and cut into halves
- Lemons – 2, cut into wedges
- Garlic – 1 head, separate the cloves but don’t peel
- Thyme – a bunch
- Olive oil – as needed for cooking
How To Make
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a pot of water on the heat and add some salt. Add the halved potatoes to the water and let them boil for a few minutes. When the potatoes become parboiled, take the pot out of the heat and get rid of the water.
- Take a roasting tin and spread the parboiled potatoes along with lemon wedges and unpeeled garlic cloves. Spread the thyme unevenly over the top. You can add some salt and pepper if needed. Pour a generous amount of olive oil in the tin and mix with the potatoes very well.
- Insert the tin in the oven and roast it for about 45 minutes. When the potatoes become crunchy, take the tin out and serve.