One cuisine that will always mesmerize you with its platter, taste, flavor, and richness is none other than Arabian cuisine. You will not get bored with their foods even if you have them very often. Such is their variety that you can make different dishes at different times. Thus, I have brought 2 Arabic food recipes that you can make with chicken.
The Famous Kabsi Arabic Food Recipes
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 50 minutes
- Water – ½ liter
- Basmati rice – 1 kg
- Chickens – 4 legs
- Green pepper – 3
- Tomatoes – ¼ kg, chopped
- Onion – 2, chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 100 gm
- Salt and black pepper – as required
- Walnut – a little, chopped
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Carnation powder – for garnishing
- Coriander – handful, chopped, for garnishing
Instructions To Prepare Arabic Food Recipe
- Take a large pot and fill it with water and put it on high flame. As the water starts to boil, add the rice along with some salt, cumin powder, black pepper, and carnation powder. Given them a stir and let the rice cook till it is soft. Pour some vegetable oil when it is half done. When the rice is done completely, add the butter, give them a mix and keep it aside.
- In the meantime, put a skillet on the flame and pour the remaining vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken legs along with garlic minced. Stir for a few minutes and add the chopped onion and bell pepper. Finally, add the chopped tomatoes and sprinkle some salt and pepper. Let them cook until the veggies and chicken are soft.
- Put the cooked rice on a serving plate and add the cooked chicken on the top. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve fresh and hot.
Chicken Stew In Arabian Style
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 40 minutes
- Chicken thigh and legs – 450 gm each, without skin
- Zucchini – 1, diced
- Tomatoes – 2, large, chopped
- Onion – 1, medium, chopped
- Potato – 1, diced
- Carrot – 1, diced
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt and black pepper – to taste
- Garlic – 4 cloves, minced
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Boiling water – 8 cups
- Take a saucepan and pour the oil and put it on medium flame. Once the oil is hot, fry the chopped onions till they are golden. Add the pieces of chicken and keep them cooking till both sides of each piece get brownish.
- Now add the diced potatoes and carrots and cook for a few minutes.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes and mix them with the chicken and veggies. Put a lid on the saucepan and let them cook for a few minutes.
- When done, add the minced garlic along with cumin and coriander powder, cinnamon and cardamom powder, turmeric, and salt.
- Mix the diced zucchini along with tomato paste and sprinkle the black pepper. Pour the boiling water and give everything a good stir. Now let them cook for about 40 minutes on low flame till the chicken and veggies get tender.
- When done, pour in bowls and enjoy the delicious hot stew.